Responsible management of our business in a social, economic and environment manner
is central to ADGAS and an integral part of its business strategy. As a company
producing clean energy, we strive to operate our business in compliance with all
environmental regulations and global best practice. To this end, ADGAS renewed its
Environment Management System “ISO 14001” Accreditation in 2013, which had first
received this certificate back in 2004.
It is not just the responsibility of companies to improve performance in this regard,
but also households and individuals too. Here are five small changes you can make
to lessen your environmental impact.
- Switch off electrical appliances when not in use. Some televisions use as much as
50 watts per hour when on Stand-By mode.
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth and use a big glass of water instead
of running water.
- Make sure that the dishwashing machine is fully loaded before turning it on. It
is useless turning the machine on for one or two plates.
- Home appliances such as washing machines, driers, irons and others should be used
at non-peak hours whenever possible.
- Empty your car of non-essential items. The heavier the car, the more fuel it needs
- Chose domestic plants for your garden. The UAE has some beautiful natural flora
that requires less water than imported species.
Moving forward, sustainability will continue to be the cornerstone of our success.