DAS Island Social & Recreational Facilities
In addition to its vital role as an industrial hub for the operations of ADGAS and ADMA-OPCO, Das Island offers the employees of both companies (whether direct hires or contractors) all the basic services, coupled with numerous social and recreational services that make it an integrated, self-sufficient community and a comfortable environment that fosters creativity and development on the personal and professional levels.
Basic General Services :
In cooperation with several service providers, Das Island provides its employees with efficient, streamlined basic services, including supermarkets, telecommunication offices, banks, travel agencies, barber saloons, tailor shops, etc. Moreover, several restaurants offer all employees a rich and wide choice of middle eastern, Asian and international dishes free of charge.
Entertainment and Leisure services :
ADGAS maintains genuine interest in the welfare of its employees, as it considers them its most important assets. Therefore, nothing is spared to ensure that they have all the social and recreational facilities that cater to their interests and hobbies.
In addition to digital satellite TV channels, a cinema that screens a wide variety of movies from different parts of the world, free internet connection, Das Island hosts more than twenty clubs and/or interest groups and activities that cater to every taste. The following are some of these:
- Das Fishing Club: The Fishing Club organizes fishing competitions between the teams of ADGAS and ADMA-OPCO on Das Island and also between Das team and Abu Dhabi fishing team. It has a set of fishing boats fully equipped with fishing accessories.
- Das GYM: Das-based employees have a wide variety of options when it comes to fitness and exercise. The two gyms (Al-Sahil and Al Sharq) are fully equipped with state-of-the-art machines for body-building, weight-lifting, cardiovascular equipment, plate-loaded machines, sauna, etc.
- Das Computer Users Club: With 33 latest type PC units connected to the high-speed internet, the Club provides a venue to hold extensive regular training courses for employees who want to enhance their computer and internet skills and applications.
- Das Island Football Committee Club: Das has two football grounds, which allows the fans of this popular sport to practice their favorite sport. Around the year, Das multinational football teams compete in local competitions on the Island itself and also in other tournaments within ADNOC Group of Companies. The Club provides its members with all necessary clothes, equipment and training.
- Das Island Music, Arts & Drama Society (DIMADS):- This society encourages Das employees to develop their artistic talents, providing them with musical instruments, painting material, drama performances and training, art competitions, etc.
- Das Natural History & Environmental Group (DNHEG): With a rich library of environment-related books and films, this group provides environmentalists and lovers of natural history with a venue to advocate their cause, spread awareness and organize environment-related activities on Das Island, including clean-up campaigns, Earth Day and Environment Day celebrations, etc.
- Martial Arts Club: The club provides its members with professional training on several martial arts, especially Karate training for their members.
- Tennis Club: Das Island has two tennis courts with a club house. The Club provides its members with the necessary training to qualify them for regular competitions and tournaments.
- Cricket Club: Das has its own cricket pitch where the fans of this game can train and get ready for the quarterly competitions and other inter-oil companies cricket competitions. Cricket itself is so popular amongst the employees of both ADGAS and ADMA-OPCO.
- Sailing Club: As an island, Das is the ideal place for sailing. The Sailing Club organizes several competitions in sailing, surfing, jet skiing, windsurfing, beach volleyball, etc. Such competitions qualify Das teams to compete in other wider tournaments in Abu Dhabi and across the UAE.
- Squash Club: There are three squash courts on Das Island, where employees can train and get ready for local and external competitions.
- Badminton Club: There are three indoor badminton courts on Das Island. Monthly competitions and training sessions are held for the lovers of this game.
- Das Island Volleyball, Basketball & Handball Club: There are two courts for basketball and volleyball. Routine and annual competitions are usually organized for Das-based employees. The Club is fully equipped with the requirements of these games.
- Golf Society Club: There is a nine-hole golf course on Das Island, where weekly games are organized.
- Rugby Football Club: Rugby lovers can practice this Football Ground-Routine practice sessions.
- Harriers Club: Holding of annual round Das Island road race, regular competitions.
- Hobbies Club: which houses a variety of tools and equipment that cater for all tastes and hobbies.
- Al Sharq Club: which is a busy club, providing the facilities of snooker tables, billiard tables, babyfoot tables and video games.
- Falcon Club: a social club that provides its members with a variety of games like darts, snooker, table tennis, chess and carom.
- Das Public Library Club: The library hosts a vast collection of books related to science, social disciplines, culture, history, fiction, literature, etc. There are also a variety of newspapers in more than one language to address the needs of a multicultural workforce.
- Oasis Club: It has a Majlis for socializing and a library, a swimming pool and a cinema for the ADGAS and ADMA-OPCO senior staff.
- Garden Club: Newly formed for those employees who are interested in gardening and agriculture. It develops employees’ gardening skills in terms of soil preparation, plantation, growing vegetables such as tomatoes, sweet melons, etc.